Legal Assistant Certificate
The Legal Assistant program is a 10-week course that provides a thorough knowledge of law office procedures including knowledge with the most used legal websites and case management software. Basic administrative skills are required for admission to this program. LSI awards a Certificate of Completion to each student who successfully completes this course.
- Organization of courts and law firms
- Various court systems
- Document formatting, filing fees and costs
- Correct office procedures
- Professionalism and Confidentiality
- Code of ethics
- Interviewing clients
- Civil litigation & discovery procedures and trial practice
- Records management /Time management
- Court’s Docket Analysis
Specialty workshops are offered in the following areas of law: Litigation, Real Estate, Bankruptcy, Criminal and Family Law. Emphasis is made in Ethics throughout the entire program. A review of most commonly used legal websites and software such as Summation, Concordance, Trial Graphics and others will be covered.